How do I specify a line break in a macro's body content?

Jim Bethancourt
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 4, 2013

We're migrating from Confluence 3.5 to Confluence 5 and have a custom macro that renders its body content. We're using <br> tags in the macro body content, and they no longer seem to work (perhaps to prevent injection attacks?). How do I represent a line break in a macro body?

Thanks,

Jim

3 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Jim Bethancourt
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 6, 2013

A big hack, but what worked was splitting the string on the <BR> tag in the Velocity template and putting a <br> after each token.

#if($person.title.contains("&lt;BR&gt;"))
    #foreach($token in $person.title.split("&lt;BR&gt;"))
        $token&lt;br&gt;
    #end
#else
    $!person.title
#end

0 votes
Jim Bethancourt
Rising Star
Rising Star
March 7, 2013

One clarification that I forgot to add was that I am using a Velocity template renderer. I think the appropriate solution may be to follow the example of the com.atlassian.confluence.plugins.expand.ExpandMacro class. I'll try the approach it uses with another macro I need to migrade that uses a Velocity template and post an update here.

0 votes
Matthew J. Horn
Rising Star
Rising Star
March 5, 2013

Is it possible that the XHTML parser is more strict in Confluence 5? Have you tried closing the <br> tag by making it <br/>?

Jim Bethancourt
Rising Star
Rising Star
March 5, 2013

I'm guessing that's the case (possibly to prevent injection attacks). Unfortunately I had no luck with a <br/> tag either. :-(

Should I file a bug?

Matthew J. Horn
Rising Star
Rising Star
March 5, 2013

Well, they work fine for me in 4.2. Could you post the entire macro so I can see how it's used? Maybe there's some funkyness that I'm not foreseeing...

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events