How do I setup an automated review process to review pages

mchristenson September 2, 2021

I would like to setup an automated review process to ensure all our pages stay current and relevant.  What are my options in Confluence to easily setup review requirements and then send notifications to owners/responsible parties?

3 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Fadoua
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 2, 2021

@mchristenson 

My best suggestion here if you want to use Confluence without using an add-on you can run CQL queries by looking for pages that weren't updated for a certain period if time, 30, 60, 90 days.

Regarding emailing the responsible parties will you be using a plugin?

THanks Fadoua.  I'm pretty new to Confluence so just looking for the best options, was hoping for an automated email to be sent out when a review date is met.

Fadoua
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 2, 2021

@mchristenson 

Let me ask you this question to better assist you: Are you looking for a way to get document reviewed before they get published?

Best,

Fadoua

That may be a future requirement for now I would like a way to have a notification email sent to an owner on a quarterly/monthly basis so the page can be reviewed and updated as needed.

Fadoua
Community Leader
Community Leader
September 2, 2021

Email settings doesn't offer the option you are looking for(attached is a screenshot)

I will suggest you to check some plugins on the Atlassian Marketplace. Confluence out of the box doesn't have that option

Screen Shot 2021-09-02 at 12.49.54 PM.png

Like Nathan Phipps likes this

Need an enhancement to say email monthly/quarterly/yearly for Review beginning on xx day/month/year.

Thanks for your help, I will look at plugins!

Nathan Phipps January 27, 2022

@mchristenson Did you end up deciding on a plugin?

Aron Gombas _Midori_
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 19, 2023

If you want to run CQL searches periodically and then send a custom notification email with the resulted pages and blog posts, then the Better Content Archiving for Confluence app supports that in a flexible and easy way!

This is how you set up a notification scheme which can contain multiple notifications:

configure-notification-scheme-cloud.png

Each notification has its own schedule, CQL query, recipients and email template.

Then your users will receive something like this:

notification-email-outdated-cloud.png

3 votes
Kishan Sharma
Community Leader
Community Leader
September 2, 2021

Natively, it is not possible to setup review/approval process in confluence. You can look at third partly plugin such as Comala Document Management

If you don't want a plugin, you can think of creating pages and apply restrictions/permissions only to reviewers and once approved you can open its permissions to everyone else for viewing.

0 votes
Adrian Hülsmann - B1NARY
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
May 16, 2023

Hi @mchristenson

Your use case sounds like a perfect fit for Breeze, available via the Atlassian Marketplace.

It automatically identifies outdated pages and implements review and archiving workflows for keeping your pages up-to-date.

4.gif

It is a feature-packed content lifecycle management solution and includes

• automated content analyses,
  • page review and archiving workflows,
  • page and space ownership,
  • reports and notifications,
  • bulk archiving and deletion,
  • analytics,
  • data export for all your content, ownership, and status information
  • and more to update outdated pages quickly and enhance collaboration.

👉 Give it a try or feel free to schedule an appointment with me for a personal demo.

Cheers and all the best, Adrian from B1NARY (we are the developers of Breeze)

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events