Come for the products,
stay for the community

The Atlassian Community can help you and your team get more value out of Atlassian products and practices.

Atlassian Community about banner
Community Members

Community Events
Community Groups

How do I setup an automated review process to review pages

I would like to setup an automated review process to ensure all our pages stay current and relevant.  What are my options in Confluence to easily setup review requirements and then send notifications to owners/responsible parties?

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Fadoua Community Leader Sep 02, 2021

@mchristenson 

My best suggestion here if you want to use Confluence without using an add-on you can run CQL queries by looking for pages that weren't updated for a certain period if time, 30, 60, 90 days.

Regarding emailing the responsible parties will you be using a plugin?

THanks Fadoua.  I'm pretty new to Confluence so just looking for the best options, was hoping for an automated email to be sent out when a review date is met.

@mchristenson 

Let me ask you this question to better assist you: Are you looking for a way to get document reviewed before they get published?

Best,

Fadoua

That may be a future requirement for now I would like a way to have a notification email sent to an owner on a quarterly/monthly basis so the page can be reviewed and updated as needed.

Email settings doesn't offer the option you are looking for(attached is a screenshot)

I will suggest you to check some plugins on the Atlassian Marketplace. Confluence out of the box doesn't have that option

Screen Shot 2021-09-02 at 12.49.54 PM.png

Like Nathan Phipps likes this

Need an enhancement to say email monthly/quarterly/yearly for Review beginning on xx day/month/year.

Thanks for your help, I will look at plugins!

@mchristenson Did you end up deciding on a plugin?

2 votes
Kishan Sharma Community Leader Sep 02, 2021

Natively, it is not possible to setup review/approval process in confluence. You can look at third partly plugin such as Comala Document Management

If you don't want a plugin, you can think of creating pages and apply restrictions/permissions only to reviewers and once approved you can open its permissions to everyone else for viewing.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Confluence

An update on Confluence Cloud customer feedback – June 2022

Hi everyone, We’re always looking at how to improve Confluence and customer feedback plays an important role in making sure we're investing in the areas that will bring the most value to the most c...

348 views 2 9
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you