How do I set who receives access requests?

corey.r May 26, 2021

When a user requests access to a restricted page in Confluence, is there a way to set who those requests are sent to? I can see from the Confluence docs that there are certain rules Confluence follows to decide who to notify, but is there a way to give Confluence a list of email addresses and say "send the request to all of these people"?

3 answers

0 votes
April Nowicki March 22, 2023

I also would like to specify certain users who get notified on an access request. Please add this option! Thanks

0 votes
Capi [resolution]
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
May 27, 2021

Intriguing... I've been unable to find how it works for Confluence Cloud. For Server and Data Center, it's a funny dynamic mechanism that changes from page to page, so it would seem like you can't do what you want without scripting.

Screen Shot 2021-05-27 at 3.47.57 PM.png

Source: https://confluence.atlassian.com/doc/page-restrictions-139414.html

corey.r May 27, 2021

Yeah, I had found that, and it seems like Cloud probably works in a similar way. I have some users who are surprised that certain team members get these requests and others do not, and I'm trying to figure out if there's a way I can have them automatically sent to everyone.

One thing I am getting from this is that anyone who wants to receive the requests ought to at least have the Admin Space permission and have made a contribution to the page. That seems like it will put them on the "list" insofar as there is one.

Capi [resolution]
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
May 27, 2021

Yeah, but I understand that you don't want users just contributing randomly to pages because they want to be on that list...

corey.r May 27, 2021

Ha ha that is exactly the advice I just gave my users.

It seems like there isn't a way to just give Confluence a list and have it send the request to everyone there.

Really appreciate you diving into the docs with me! Thanks!

0 votes
Vero Rivas
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 26, 2021
corey.r May 26, 2021

Hi Vero, thanks for that! That offers some information but doesn't seem to (unless I missed it) answer my question about specifying which users get notified on an access request.

I appreciate the help!

Like Andrew Rose likes this

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events