Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I set the side bar show/hide button to default to "hide" in certain spaces?

Katherine Wertz April 28, 2014

We would like to hide the side bar in some spaces by setting the show/hide button to default to "hide" instead of "show." Is there some sort of setting in Confluence that allows changing this default on a space by space basis, or would we need to use JQuery? If the latter, what would you recommend using? We use the documentation theme in the spaces concerned and run Confluence 5.4.4.

Thanks!

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Davin Studer
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 28, 2014

You could write some JavaScipt to progrmatically click the collapse button on page load for the spaces where you want this to happen. I have done this in the past.

Katherine Wertz May 2, 2014

Thanks. :) Any suggestions on what code to use or code resources? I'm a newbie to JavaScript.

Davin Studer
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 2, 2014

Are you using the default theme or documentation theme?

Katherine Wertz May 4, 2014

Documentation theme.

Davin Studer
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 4, 2014
Katherine Wertz May 4, 2014

Thanks. :)

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events