Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I set the permission that defines who can create spaces?

Siddheshwar mhetre
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 10, 2013

I want the "create space" button to be unvisible to a perticular user or group, So how I can set the permission for that?

3 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
RambanamP
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 10, 2013

remove users/group on Create Space permission on global permission

check this document to manage global permission

https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/DOC/Global+Permissions+Overview

Siddheshwar mhetre
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 10, 2013

Thanks rambanam, I have tried to remove permissions using Global Permission, but still it is showing Create button on Dashboard of user.

RambanamP
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 10, 2013

There are two types of space in Confluence: 'site' spaces and 'personal' spaces

1. to create/revoke personal space permission you have to check "Personal Space" permission on global permission

2. to create/revoke site spaces permission then you have to check "Create Space(s)" permission on global permission

0 votes
Siddheshwar mhetre
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 10, 2013

Hey rambanam, I made both spaces Personal Space and Create space to be uncheck, but still its showing to user.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 10, 2013

It sounds like it might be easier to approach this from the other end.

Could you go into Admin -> Global permissions and list out every group and person who has a tick in the "create space" column.

Then, look at the user who is getting the option, and list out their groups...

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 10, 2013

You don't. The permission is inclusive, not exclusive. You allow groups X, Y and Z to create spaces. To exclude someone from creating spaces, you have to make sure they are not in group X, Y or Z.

Rambanam's link is the one to follow for the details, but you need to think about your group structure. Most places simply create a group called "space creators" and put authorised people into it.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events