How do I set the page title for a new space template?

James Oxford
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
May 4, 2018

I want to create a new space template (or maybe blueprint?) for Weekly Reports. I want new Weekly Reports pages that users create to have similar formatted page titles, but I can't figure out how to set the page title format when I create the template.

The "Meeting Notes" blueprint is a good example of what I'm trying to accomplish. When I create a new Meeting Notes page, the page title is pre-populated with "[today's date] Meeting Notes". I was hoping to learn the trick by opening the Meeting Notes template to edit, but that didn't help me because I can't see where the page title is being set.

I also don't see how to include [today's date] in the template so that the current date is populated automatically (no reason to add it as a form variable, unless that's my only option) when users create a new page from my template.

Thanks in advance for the help! I'm using Confluence 6.6.2.

2 answers

0 votes
Erik Boelen
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
September 5, 2023

Maybe a little late for @James Oxford , but it might help others:

To set a page title, possibly including todays date, you should create a button on a page (most likely the main page under which the Weekly reports will be saved) using the macro "Create from template". In the settings of this macro you can specify the page title of pages to be created, in which you can use: @currentDate Weekly Report

This will generate pages using your template, with the specified title format.

0 votes
Shannon S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 7, 2018

James,

Blueprints are separate from Templates.

Blueprints are developed like add-ons. You can read more about that here: Confluence Blueprints

The ones that come with your instance are not editable to your needs, unfortunately.

I did find a question below that asks about the same thing, and has a User Macro suggestion if you'd like to take a look there:

Regards,

Shannon

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events