How do I save reordered pages in Confluence?

Jon R February 12, 2020

Hello

I am a siteadmin and looking at the documentation, it appears sidebar reordering of pages is done via:

Space Settings >> Content Tools >> Reorder Pages

There is no save button, and changes do not appear in the sidebar.  When I change to another tab and back to the same page, changes are not saved.

I have done this in an older Confluence on another site and this all worked fine.

Thank you in advance

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Sven Schatter _Lively Apps_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
February 12, 2020

Hi Jon,

usually the settings should be saved with every action you do. No need to click an extra button. But since you're in the cloud you should be able to reorder pages right in the sidebar. No need to go to the space settings!

Here's a short recording of me doing it:

temp.gif

As you can see, with every action there is a success flag, telling you that the new settings has been saved. :)

Cheers,
Sven

Jon R February 12, 2020

That is very helpful, thank you.  Do you know if there is a way to alphabetically sort when doing directly in sidebar?

Sven Schatter _Lively Apps_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
February 12, 2020

Hmm, no I don't think so... For that you might actually need to head over to the space settings.

Jon R February 12, 2020

AHA, I think I have found the cause of the problem.  There is a page which cannot be moved (by any means), which I think is because it's owned by the Organisation Owner.  

The reordering method you show above generates an error when I try to drag it.

In Space Settings >> Content Tools >> Reorder Pages 

I can reorder pages, but if one includes the immovable page, it silently fails and does not save.

Like # people like this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events