Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I reuse the name of a closed draw.io diagram, the diagram that doesn't appear in my page

quangth2 June 11, 2021

I inserted a new draw.io diagram into my confluence page, named it, and then accidently closed it (not have any input content yet, just stop at created step). That diagram also does not appear in my page.

After that, I insert a new diagram, and naming it as the same old one, but it said that I cannot do that because the diagram already exists.

So my question is, is it possible to delete the old one completely (even though I don't see its existence in my page), or reopen it and continue to edit? I don't want to change the name, because I have a strict naming convention. Breaking it really makes my skin itch

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Marija Radovic
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 11, 2021

Hi,

Did you click "Create" after you named it? How did you close it? (clicked Canceled/closed whole tab or other)

Was the Confluence page previously published or not?

What browser version are you using? What draw.io version? (can be seen under Help)

Thanks,

Marija

draw.io support

Andrew Townsend June 11, 2021

Hi

Have a look at the page attachments.  That's where drawio stores it, and by default the macro just uses the filename to find the correct attachment.

If it has stored it already there'll be two files, one for the drawio and a PNG used to render the page, with the name you used which could stop you reusing it.

If you're sure you're not using them (no other drawio on the page) you can delete the attachments - then drawio should let you reuse that name.

(if you're unsure you can always download the attachments first)

Like quangth2 likes this
quangth2 June 11, 2021

indeed, thank you Andrew!

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events