How do I return HTML with grid lines from tables using the content API?

Eric Hurd
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
February 2, 2021

The HTML that returns when consuming the content API does not contain the grid lines that are shown within confluence. I have attempted passing these under "body" with no luck:

view, export_view, styled_view, storage, editor2, anonymous_export_view

Is there a different API I consume or pass different attributes to yield the desired result?

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Rodney Schuler
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
February 11, 2021

The styled_view will return the style information that is creating the borders on the HTML table.

There will be something like

.confluenceTh,
.confluenceTd {
border: 1px solid #ddd;
padding: 7px 10px; /* CONFDEV-13618: line-height will add up 3 pixels, so we have a 10px top padding for text. Images will remain with 7px top margin though (see thread in Stash) */
vertical-align: top;
text-align: left;
min-width: 8px; /* CONF-39943: set table cell min-width to which cursor can be focused */
}

that comes back in the top style portion of the returned value.

Eric Hurd
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
March 5, 2021

Thank you Rodney. It appears that instead of -- border: 1px solid #ddd; in our application we are seeing -- border:1px solid @adg-N50-karl. Since our application does not have the Atlassian color palette, it is causing it to not show. 

Appreciate the help!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events