How do I report on number of documents created by user in a time period?

Donna Dowie April 1, 2022

I want to be able to produce a report of how many pages have been created by each of my team, within a certain time frame. I can't find an existing macro to do this - surely I can't be the only person who's wanting this data?

I'm wanting something like the below - just a high level.

Analyst 16
Analyst 265
Analyst 317

I'm able to get this data for all time, but can't find a macro which will also allow me to split by dates.

2 answers

4 votes
Katerina Kovriga _Stiltsoft_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 1, 2022

Hi @Donna Dowie ,

As a workaround we can suggest trying our Table Filter and Charts for Confluence app (its Pivot Table macro in particular) in combination with the standard Content Report Table macro.

You'll be able to count how many pages were created by this or that author but, unfortunately, without the given time period - the macro shows the last modified dates only, so you'll be able to aggregate your data only by them.

1 vote
Dave Mathijs
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 1, 2022

Hi @Donna Dowie ,

What does the number of created pages say about the quality of the content of these pages? Are you referring to knowledge base how-to or troubleshooting articles created by your staff in a service project?

Could you perhaps explain the use case in more detail?

Hi @Dave Mathijs 

Tbh it doesn’t say anything about the quality. For the time being it’s an initiative to get content written so volume is the focus – quality is being reviewed manually page by page.

We’re reviewing the team quarterly so I want to be able to see how many documents each of them have created from Jan – Mar or Apr – Jun, for example

Dave Mathijs
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 1, 2022

You might have a look at the app Viewtracker - Analytics for Confluence which offers variable types of insights.

Like Deleted user likes this

Thanks Dave!

I was hoping I might be able to do it with some clever custom macro, but I'll take a look at the add on.

Dave Mathijs
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 1, 2022

Analytics if part of Confluence Data Center 7.11 or later.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events