Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

How do I replace the Search engine and Search box?

We want to use Swiftype for our searches. Where would I find information on:

• Replacing the current search engine, or
  • Replacing the search box 2021-02-04_16-08-46.png

I've looked in the Stylesheet and Layout tabs, but I'm not sure what I'm looking for, Is there any documentation or tools available? 

2 answers

Hi @Steve Arrants ,

maybe iFinder Confluence Search would be helpful for you too. A plugin in combination with the included iFinder server software, based on elastic, is ready to install by yourself.

This enterprise search solution do not destroy/influence your Confluence system. Once you disable the app, your confluence is in original condition. 

Further information you will find here.

Best

Robby

Thanks. We're using Swiftype on a mkdocs site and want to stick with that. I have the search working on a draft page in our Confluence DRAFT space. It's just replacing the search box that's the problem!

0 votes

You would need to rip out the current search engine embedded in Confluence and rebuild a new one.

This is not a lightweight "do a bit of javascript botching", you're looking at rebuilding a good chunk of a service from scratch.

Well, would we really need to rip it out or just hide it and replace with the other search box?

Well, you could put another one alongside it and then hide it the old one.  But that's trivial. 

The ripping out is looking and changing all the places Confluence uses Lucene.  Unless you really wanted to be using two separate index systems, one for search and one for reporting, macros, page relations and and and.  If you don't do that, you could rapidly end up with "why doesn't search find x?  It's on my page"

Perhaps I misspoke. We don't want to rip out the Confluence search, just hide it and prevent the user from using it. Swiftype does what we want. Confluence search does not. 

Well, you could hide the search box, and even get rid of the search UI by turning it off.  But there's not a lot of point, as you'll still be using two differing indices.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Confluence

Confluence Mythbusters: Does Atlassian even use Confluence?

Hi, Confluence collaborators! As part of #Confluence-Collaboratory month, we’ve created a very special Mythsbusters segment, where we're dive into an interesting myth and uncover the truth behind i...

1,366 views 7 28
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you