Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I rename/change name of a draw.io diagram in case of creating a copy of a confluence page?

Matin Shaikh August 25, 2022

I usually create a copy of a confluence page that I created before in case of similar content and then I edit the draw.io diagram. However, I am not able to rename the draw.io diagram because it always shows the name of the original draw.io diagram from the confluence document that I copied from.

3 answers

2 accepted

4 votes
Answer accepted
David Benson _draw_io_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 26, 2022

To rename the duplicate, edit the page, then edit the drawio macro (edit macro):

Capture d’écran 2022-08-26 à 08.17.00.png

In that dialog set the diagram title to change the name:

Capture d’écran 2022-08-26 à 08.17.09.png

2 votes
Answer accepted
Rilwan Ahmed
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 25, 2022

Hi @Matin Shaikh ,

Welcome to the community !!

I found a workaround:
When you are copying a page and before saving the page, click on the drawio macro section and click on Duplicate. This allows you to create a copy of diagram and rename. You can delete the old one.

image.png

Matin Shaikh August 26, 2022

It worked! Thanks. However, it is still a workaround. Not sure why copying a page does not allow renaming in the first place.

0 votes
Pramodh M
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 25, 2022

Hi @Matin Shaikh 

Below is the way

Once the page is copied, copy andrename the diagram to the different name.

Refer this question for more details

https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Confluence-questions/Draw-io-copy-and-paste/qaq-p/666455

Thanks,
Pramodh

Matin Shaikh August 26, 2022

Hi Pramod,
Thanks for replying to my post. If you also meant duplicating and then renaming, then thanks a lot. It worked.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events