Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I remove the top bar containing breadcrumbs/browse/login/search?

J. Caldwell
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 17, 2012

I've been presented with a problem where a group wants their own Confluence instance because they want to restrict folks to looking at mostly the space content and not the rest of confluence. But they also like the documentation theme...I'm attempting to obscure the breadcrumbs, Browse, Login and Search top bar in an attempt to force folks into specific behavior.

Another option would be to have it only avaliable to another specific group.

Ideas?

3 answers

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Robert Chang
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 18, 2012

Hi,

You can probably achieve what you want through CSS, via Confluence Admin > Stylesheet (if you want the change to be global) or Space Admin > Stylesheet (if you want to apply to specific spaces). For example, here's how you hide the entire header bar:

#header {display:none;}

You can inspect the page element for whatever you're trying to obscure in Firefox (with Firebug) or Chrome to get its class or ID.

1 vote
Amalia
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 18, 2012

Another approach is to customize the layout by going to Confluence Admin > Layouts and choose to edit/create custom on Main Layout. Delete the following line which is used to render the top bar:

#parse($!theme.topNavLocation)

You can show this top navigation bar to only a specific group in Confluence. Refer to this documentation for more info: https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/CONFKB/How+to+Display+Different+Appearance+for+Different+Users+Using+Confluence+Layouts

0 votes
Larry Bear March 24, 2015

Regarding #header {display:none;}

If want to keep some of the options, but remove specific buttons - how can I do that (not the whole header?

Thanks.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events