cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I remove the sidebar when using Global Look and Feel

Chris Kent
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 24, 2014

I want to remove the sidebar from a space so that the entire screen real estate is used for content, and in removing the sidebar I will need to ad the "Browse" menu into the main menu to get to the Space Admin (similar to the Documentation Theme).

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Chris Kent
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 25, 2014

Resolved, using the Global Look and Feel Theme, where Style sheets can be edited...

In the Space Admin->Layout->Main Layout code, find the following statements

#elseif ($useNewSpaceIA && $sitemeshPage.getProperty("page.ia-sidebar"))

<div class="ia-splitter">
    		<div class="ia-splitter-left">
    			<div class="ia-fixed-sidebar">
    				$!sitemeshPage.getProperty("page.ia-sidebar")
    			</div>
    		</div>
    #end

and remove the 6 lines between the #elseif .. #end lines (leaving these)

and walla, the sidebar is no longer rendered.

The to get to the Space Admin for this space, just go

Confluence Admin->Space Permissions->Manage Permissions for the space and you are now in the spaces admin pages....

0 votes
William Zanchet [Atlassian]
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 24, 2014

Hi Chris,

1. Each user can collapse the sidebar individually, and their preference will be remembered (via a cookie). If you're using Confluence 5 series, you'll see the option in the top right, the option to collapse.
  2. Use the Documentation Theme instead, and collapse the page tree individually
  3. Look into a third-party plugin eg Adaptavist's Builder Theme, which will allow you to customise your own theme layout. NB: Themes customised with Builder Theme are not supported by Atlassian.

I hope this helps.
Cheers,
WZ

Chris Kent
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 25, 2014

William,

I should have added a few more requirements.

1. This is needed for a single space that contains 1 page, our Confluence site Home page.

2. I need all the realestate for links and our customised navigation, so I don't even want the option for users to show the sidebar

3. I don't want to pay for this.

Cheers

Chris

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events