Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I remove the "Welcome" button in the header?

Daniel Brown October 25, 2014

Hello,

The Confluence header contains the following menu items: "Logo", "Welcome", "Spaces", "People", "Create". Most of these buttons are useful, but the "Welcome" button is completely useless in my opinion.

The "Welcome" button just brings up a intro tutorial of how to use Confluence. I've gone through and completed all of the steps in the tutorial - wiki is up and running with content, but this welcome tutorial still won't go away. Before I can confidently invite other user's in our organization, I'd like to have this wiki setup the way I want it.

It would make far more sense for the "Welcome" button to go to a page of my choosing - such as "Welcome to the Company Wiki", or have the ability to remove the "Welcome" button. If the "Welcome" button's only job is to be a tutorial, then call it "Tutorial" and move it somewhere else.

What am I missing here? How do I remove the "Welcome" button, or how do I redirect it to a page of my choosing?

Thanks for the help.

Daniel

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
SimratPal Singh October 25, 2014

Daniel, if you are having your own server installation then you can remove the button using HTML or CSS in the Custom HTML section in admin console. You can also achieve the redirection to a page of your choice same way. However if you  are using the on demand version than I am skeptical if you can remove it.

Daniel Brown October 26, 2014

I'm using the OnDemand version. :( I'll take a look at the server install. Thanks a bunch!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events