How do I recover the Confluence Admin user?

David FALLAS
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 23, 2012

I have recently upgraded our Atlassian applications running on a Windows 2008 server (JIRA now 5.0.6, Bamboo now 4.2, FishEye now 2.8.0 and Confluence now ) and have experienced a number of problems with Bamboo, FishEye and Confluence sharing JIRA users.

It appears that application names in JIRA User Server were somehow changed during one of the upgrades (refer to one of my earlier questions at https://answers.atlassian.com/questions/88766). After removing and re-adding FishEye and Bamboo applications, JIRA User Server seems to be working as expected, but Confluence is proving more difficult.

To cut a long story short, something I have done whilst trying to configure the Application Link between Confluence and JIRA and the JIRA User Server settings has disabled (or removed) the Confluence user code that I had previously used for Confluence administration, which means that the links between the applications cannot be restored.

How do I recover the previous Confluence administration user - or create a new one?

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
David at David Simpson Apps
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
September 23, 2012
David FALLAS
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 23, 2012

Thank you David - that seems to have done the trick.

When I next logged on to JIRA, I saw the same symptoms that were present in my previous question where the name of the confluence application (JIRA User Server) had been modified by some process that I was not aware of. It had become Confluence - localhost - [GUID].

David FALLAS
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 23, 2012

However, there remain one or two problems. It appears that I can no longer 'swap' seamlessly between Confluence and JIRA.

For example, if I wish to create a new page in Confluence for linking from a JIRA issue, I get logged out of JIRA when I login to Confluence to create the document. Once the document is complete, I log back in to JIRA (which it would seem now logs me out of Confluence) and link the document to a JIRA issue. When I click the link in JIRA I get a message (from Chrome) which says it cannot connect to http://localhost:8080.

Why it is using localhost I do not know, but since both applications are running on the same server I would expect localhost to work correctly.

David at David Simpson Apps
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
September 23, 2012

Check the server base URLs are correct in both JIRA & Confluence admin.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events