Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Celebration

Earn badges and make progress

You're on your way to the next level! Join the Kudos program to earn points and save your progress.

Deleted user Avatar
Deleted user

Level 1: Seed

25 / 150 points

Next: Root

1 badge earned

Collect

Participate in fun challenges

Challenges come and go, but your rewards stay with you. Do more to earn more!

Challenges
Coins

Gift kudos to your peers

What goes around comes around! Share the love by gifting kudos to your peers.

Recognition
Ribbon

Rise up in the ranks

Keep earning points to reach the top of the leaderboard. It resets every quarter so you always have a chance!

Leaderboard

Come for the products,
stay for the community

The Atlassian Community can help you and your team get more value out of Atlassian products and practices.

Atlassian Community about banner
Community Members

Community Events
Community Groups

How do I receive notifications of new attachments to my watched pages?

Hello,

I've re-enabled the option to receive notifications of attachments under my email settings in Confluence. However, I am still not receiving attachment updates from all of my colleagues, despite the fact that the uploads are occurring on watched pages and by watched colleagues. How do I resolve this? We rely heavily on these attachment notifications across our teams.

Thank you,

Danny

1 answer

0 votes
Brant Schroeder
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
Apr 29, 2023

@Danny Kosinski Welcome to the Atlassian community

Are others getting the notification?  Are you colleagues attaching the file in edit mode and then unchecking the notification box before saving?

@Brant Schroeder Hi Brant. No, others are not getting these notifications, and it seems random which uploads trigger a notification and which do not. For example, the same individual can upload to multiple pages created by my colleagues or myself and only some page uploads will trigger a notification. However, the page itself is not the problem as I will still get notifications from other individuals uploading to that particular page. Nobody has unchecked any boxes when uploading. 

Brant Schroeder
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 01, 2023

@Danny Kosinski Is it only certain individuals who upload that no notifications are sent?

@Brant Schroeder no, it seems to be happening to multiple users. It started sometime in August, but it eventually got worse to where almost everyone has been affected. Our only workaround right now is for the individual who is uploading to leave a comment at the bottom of the page that a certain data file is available for viewing. That will at least trigger an email to all of the watchers with their comment...it's just not ideal since it's an added step for people to do.

Brant Schroeder
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 01, 2023

@Brant Schroeder we've all made sure that notifications for attachments are enabled, but no luck.

Brant Schroeder
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 01, 2023

Are you subscribed to digest or daily updates?

@Brant Schroeder no, I'm not subscribed to either. I was under the impression those would override my ability to get individual emails for anytime someone edits a page, which I'm still receiving.

Brant Schroeder
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 01, 2023

@Danny Kosinski that is correct.  That is why I was asking.  If nothing is going to junk mail then I would suggest that you submit a support issue to Atlassian.

@Brant Schroeder Got it, thanks! We'll go ahead and submit a support issue then. Thanks again for the help!

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events