Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I receive notifications of new attachments to my watched pages?

Danny Kosinski April 27, 2023

Hello,

I've re-enabled the option to receive notifications of attachments under my email settings in Confluence. However, I am still not receiving attachment updates from all of my colleagues, despite the fact that the uploads are occurring on watched pages and by watched colleagues. How do I resolve this? We rely heavily on these attachment notifications across our teams.

Thank you,

Danny

1 answer

0 votes
Brant Schroeder
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 29, 2023

@Danny Kosinski Welcome to the Atlassian community

Are others getting the notification?  Are you colleagues attaching the file in edit mode and then unchecking the notification box before saving?

Danny Kosinski May 1, 2023

@Brant Schroeder Hi Brant. No, others are not getting these notifications, and it seems random which uploads trigger a notification and which do not. For example, the same individual can upload to multiple pages created by my colleagues or myself and only some page uploads will trigger a notification. However, the page itself is not the problem as I will still get notifications from other individuals uploading to that particular page. Nobody has unchecked any boxes when uploading. 

Brant Schroeder
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 1, 2023

@Danny Kosinski Is it only certain individuals who upload that no notifications are sent?

@Brant Schroeder no, it seems to be happening to multiple users. It started sometime in August, but it eventually got worse to where almost everyone has been affected. Our only workaround right now is for the individual who is uploading to leave a comment at the bottom of the page that a certain data file is available for viewing. That will at least trigger an email to all of the watchers with their comment...it's just not ideal since it's an added step for people to do.

Brant Schroeder
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 1, 2023

@Brant Schroeder we've all made sure that notifications for attachments are enabled, but no luck.

Brant Schroeder
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 1, 2023

Are you subscribed to digest or daily updates?

@Brant Schroeder no, I'm not subscribed to either. I was under the impression those would override my ability to get individual emails for anytime someone edits a page, which I'm still receiving.

Brant Schroeder
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 1, 2023

@Danny Kosinski that is correct.  That is why I was asking.  If nothing is going to junk mail then I would suggest that you submit a support issue to Atlassian.

Danny Kosinski May 2, 2023

@Brant Schroeder Got it, thanks! We'll go ahead and submit a support issue then. Thanks again for the help!

Bert Dombrecht
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 7, 2023

Hi @Danny Kosinski ,

Did the support request result in any resolution or insight?
We seem to be facing the same issue.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events