How do I reassign ownership of a space of someone who left the company

Angus Smith July 25, 2024

Hi

How do I reassign ownership of a space of someone who left the company a while back? This person that left owned many spaces and now I am unable to reassign certain spaces to new owners.

2 answers

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Valerie Knapp
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 25, 2024

Hi @Angus Smith , thanks for your question.

If you are a product admin for Confluence, you should be able to, from this site -

https://your url.atlassian.net/wiki/admin/permissions/viewdefaultspacepermissions.action 

From here, you can see all of the Spaces in the instance, where it should be possible to recover access and then make the Space accessible to other users.

Here is the documentation as well, which explains what to do - https://support.atlassian.com/confluence-cloud/docs/manage-global-permissions/ 

Hope this helps you.

Cheers

Angus Smith July 28, 2024

Thanks Valerie, this link helped me with this issue. Sorted. Thank you kindly for your shared knowledge.

Like Valerie Knapp likes this
1 vote
Koloman Pfeffer July 25, 2024

Hi @Angus Smith

Reassigning space ownership is currently not possible in Confluence yet. If your request is about getting access to spaces that have been locked off by the owner, you can do this over the admin console, as @Valerie Knapp explained.

If you have Confluence Premium though, you can circumvent this restriction by building an automation rule that switches the space owner to another person if triggered.

Angus Smith July 28, 2024

Hi Koloman, thank you for your input and effort. I was trying to do what Valerie suggested and came right.

Many, many thanks for your kind input!

Like Valerie Knapp likes this

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Product Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events