How do I reactivate an email/user if user is no longer in my account?

Jennifer Hoffman February 4, 2022

I sent an invitation to a team member for Confluence. I have a free version. He got access to Service Desk by accident so I tried to remove him from that, but it seems like I deactivated his account. When trying to send him a new invite, it won't let me because he's been deactivated. I also can't find him in my list of users to click on and re-activate.

How do I stop his email from being blocked from Confluence? Thanks.

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Pramodh M
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 4, 2022

Hi @Jennifer Hoffman 

Welcome to the community 🙂

If you navigate to admin.atlassian.com and choose the organization you have created, under all users, the user will still be available if you have just suspended the access. You can restore the access to the user.

If you have removed the user from site, inviting them back will fix the error

Let me know if it worked

Thanks

Jennifer Hoffman February 7, 2022

Hi @Pramodh M - Thanks for the response. I did try inviting the user again, but this is the message that I see. 

jira-invite-user.jpg

Jason Gerring
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
February 8, 2022

We have the same issue. I am an Admin user, is the a way round this?
I have also logged a support ticket.

Like • Dennis Mattei likes this
Anders Tornes
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
March 21, 2022

Hi.

We also have the same issue. An employee quit and the user was deactivated about 2 years ago. Now the employee is back at our company, but we can't see their user in User management list, so we are not able to re-activate them. And when we send a new invite we get the same error as @Jennifer Hoffman shows above.

Do you have a link to your support ticket @Jason Gerring ? Maybe I should comment on it as well.

EDIT: It turns out that the email domain was taken into domain management by our parent company and we had to ask them to release the user account. Invitation worked after that. Atlassian support were helpful and efficient in providing this solution.

Like • Dennis Mattei likes this
0 votes
vcl3303 March 31, 2023

Hi, i think i found the way to restore the access of the revoked account.

In my case, here is the step:
1. Go to admin.atlassian.com
2. Select the Security tab
3. Select "Audit Log" at the Monitoring section
4. Search the revoked email account.
5. When you found the email, click it and it will bring you to the User profile
6. Now you can restore the access again.

This is works for me, Its already a year late, but I hope this can help you..

Goodluck

Best regards,

Vincent 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events