Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I prevent anonymous users from using page history when using Confluence Cloud?

Russell Shirley September 28, 2017

Does anyone know how to do this using Confluence Cloud? 

My issue is we allow our help documentation to be (open to the public)  however page history is able to be seen by anyone of what has changed..   

This is not beneficial that Anonymous users can see "older versions" of the truth. 

I found a great article on how to do this if you are hosting your own Confluence but not sure what is possible with Cloud hosted.   

https://confluence.atlassian.com/confkb/how-do-i-prevent-anonymous-users-from-using-page-history-317196367.html

Help as this is jeopardizing a go forward strategy we have.   We have considered many different ways to do this .. .but encouraging everyone in the company to own the documentation is a bit more challenging if it cannot be updated on the fly and hide from anonymous access. 

2 answers

0 votes
Russell Shirley October 2, 2017

Ann.. thanks again.. with another sweep of the internet .. I found this suggestion request that is somewhat related.   

Anyone who has this issue may want to vote for this suggestion. 

https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/CONFCLOUD-34041 

It is currently in "needs verification"     

0 votes
AnnWorley
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 28, 2017

The page you linked requires edits to the Confluence source, a functionality that is unavailable in Cloud.

The only workaround I can think of is to delete the history that you don't want the users to see when you post an update. I acknowledge this is not ideal, since it is useful to be able to revert to past versions.

Consider copying the old page to a hidden space before editing the original. That would help to retain old versions without exposing them to anonymous users. I can see that it's not an elegant solution but it is all I can think of.

Russell Shirley September 28, 2017

Ann....    Thank you and uggg... looks like further discussion is needed internally here. 

AnnWorley
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 28, 2017

I certainly welcome any ideas from the rest of the Community!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events