How do I paste an excel table into one table cell in Confluence?

barbarat March 8, 2015

I am trying to move data across Microsoft apps (powerpoint, excel, word) into Confluence. When I copy a table from powerpoint/excel, the contents are copied into multiple table cells in Confluence. I would like the entire table copied to only one cell - is this possible?

1 answer

0 votes
Stephen Deutsch
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 8, 2015

I guess you have two options:

1. You could copy the data and paste it into a text editor (like Notepad), recopy, and then paste into a single table cell, but of course you would lose the separation between cells
  2. attach an excel file as an attachment (i.e. by dragging and dropping into the editor view), and then you can insert the Office attachment preview into a single table cell.

I don't think there's any way to insert a table inside of another table, if that's what you're looking for.

Christopher Yeleighton November 24, 2015

It is possible to insert a table into a table cell. However, if I paste content containing a table into a table cell, the whole content of the cell is removed and replaced by the first table in the clipboard.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events