How do I open an Excel file directly in Confluence and allow multiple users to edit at same time

Michael Schmitt February 22, 2018

New User here :)

I've uploaded an Excel document and I want to ensure all team members can edit at the same time and all our changes are saved.  Also want to see who is editting the document

When I click to Edit the document I select Edit With Excel 2016 however then it downloads the file and opens it with Excel and after I make changes it uploads a new version

I'd like to open the document as an Excel document withing Confluence (like another app I was using before).  Right now it opens as a document (likes like Word - no cells, nor formatting, etc.)

Let me know how I can do this.

2/22 Update - I've created a Table and copied/pasted by cells from Excel to the table.

2 answers

1 vote
Amanda Deol February 22, 2018

Hi Michael,

Try out Excellentable Spreadsheet for Confluence. It offers collaborative editing . 

Amanda Deol February 22, 2018

Also, here is a video to get started.

0 votes
Davin Studer
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 22, 2018

There is no way to do that with an attached Excel document in Confluence. You could create a table in Confluence and using the new collaborative editor see what is being edited in the table and by whom. Another option would be to embed a Google Spreadsheet into the page using an iframe.

Michael Schmitt February 23, 2018

Thanks Davin for the quick response.   I'm using a table.  

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events