Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I move data based on Status?

Jehu Pineda November 28, 2022

I want to move all "Red" data to a single Confluence page, is there a way for Confluence to segregate data based on status? a filter perhaps? Thanks

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Trudy Claspill
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 28, 2022

Hello @Jehu Pineda 

Can you provide a screen image of your data? Where is the data entered? Is this data being pulled from another system, like Jira, or is this a table of data you have entered directly into a Confluence page?

Jehu Pineda November 30, 2022

The data is coming from the same confluence page, I want to move the data from a page to a table based on status, for instance all issues in RED to a table in a page and all Yellow to another page....See below an example of a Yellow issue.

Yellow issue.JPG

Trudy Claspill
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 30, 2022

I don't believe there is any native functionality to do that.

The Status you are referring to is simply a macro that applies formatting to the specified text. It is not truly applying a "status" value to the remaining content such that you can select that content and move it somewhere else.

If you are not already using Jira for issue tracking I would encourage you to do so. You can link Jira and Confluence together, and then use Jira macros within Confluence pages to select which Jira issues to display on that page based on criteria. In that way you could indicate in the Jira issue a Red/Yellow/Green type of status and then use that to in Jira Macros in Confluence pages to filter to display only issues of a particular RYG value.

0 votes
Jehu Pineda November 30, 2022

The data is coming from the same confluence page, I want to move the data from a page to a table based on status, for instance all issues in RED to a table in a page and all Yellow to another page....See below an example of a Yellow issue.

Yellow issue.JPG

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events