Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I merge users and groups in Jira and Confluence?

Kris W January 26, 2012

We use both Jira and Confluence and started using them before the closer user integration features of the most recent versions.

Now we'd like to enable users to use a single sign-on and have the same account in both apps.

I've set up Jira and Confluence to use the same (Jira) User Directory and to be trusted apps. However, the confluence-users and confluence-administrators group in Jira do not correspond to the same groups in Confluence.

I logged into Confluence as an administrator and tried adding a Jira admin user to the confluence-users and confluence-administrators groups, but I got an error message:

Failed to modify group memberships.

Questions:

How do I merge the users in the Confluence directory into the shared Jira directory?

Once I've done that, how do I add them to groups within Confluence?

How do I make sure the confluence-users group in Jira is the same as the confluence-users group in Confluence?

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Gregory Sudderth
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 14, 2012

1) You can use something like OpenLDAP and point them both at it

2) You can make Confluence use JIRA's users (but you'll have to fixup your content afterwards):

http://confluence.atlassian.com/display/DOC/Connecting+to+Crowd+or+JIRA+for+User+Management

3) Buy Crowd :)

G.

Kris W February 28, 2012

Client wanted single sign-on so turns out Crowd was required.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events