Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I make the page tools menu display in Confluence?

Jefferson French October 15, 2015

Although I am logged in as a member of confluence-administrators, I don't see an option to edit a page. I'm expecting to see it by the Edit, Watch, and Share menus. Would someone kindly tell me what I need to set/change to see it?

BTW, I followed the instructions here: https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/CONFKB/Tools+Menu+Not+Available+In+Any+Page, but did not see a difference.

I also can't figure out how to delete a page, but I'm guessing that will be in the tools menu when I find it.

UPDATE (Don't have enough points to add a comment today):

In response to Nic's answer: Under space permissions, Individual Users, it lists my ID and has all permissions as assigned (green checkmark). I do have an edit menu on my pages, and haven't had a problem creating/editing pages. Am I correct that I should see a Tools option next to the Edit, Watch, and Share options when looking at a page?

4 answers

1 vote
Stephen Deutsch
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 15, 2015

You should also be aware that the Tools menu was renamed to ••• in newer versions of Confluence.

0 votes
Jefferson French November 24, 2015

Just want to follow up here with my solution. The link I posted in my question can be used to solve the problem, if you take into account a couple mistakes. Mainly, I hadn't noticed that although the instructions said to set the given property to true, the SQL example sets it to false. After fixing a syntax error I loaded the given SQL without noticing the problem at first.

0 votes
Jefferson French October 16, 2015

Thanks, Stephen. I neglected to say we're running version 5.8.9. Would the ••• be next to the Edit, Watch, and Share options?

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 15, 2015

Your admin access is not important, that just gives you admin rights, not space ones (admin can do everything automatically is a bad model and one that Atlassian avoid).

Check the space permissions for your add/edit rights, and delete while you're there.  Edit will appear as a button next to the menus and delete page in the menus.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events