How do I make the output of a user macro visible in the search?

Brett Miller
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
May 5, 2016

I have a user macro that creates a unique document reference, but when I search for documents using the generated reference they do not appear. Am I missing something?

1 answer

0 votes
Stephen Deutsch
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 5, 2016

The search does not search the visible results of all macro outputs on the page, but instead it searches only the same text that would be available in the editor.

If you want it to be able to be searchable, then I would recommend making a part of your user macro create an invisible div (can be done with class="hidden") and save it to the end of the page. Something like this:

<div class="hidden">your-document-reference</div>

Your user macro can search if the hidden div exists, and only if it doesn't exist, then it will create one (that way it doesn't create a new div and page save every single time).  Because it is then saved in the storage format, it should show up in the search.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events