Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I make a status appear in a page properties report?

Maggie June 16, 2021

I used the advice and images in the community post "Manual Test case management with Confluence" to create a manual test case template (see below image). Like the example shown in the linked community post, I created a table inside a page property macro and, within the table, I use a status macro to show the result of the test case.

Screenshot 2021-06-16 103039.png

I encountered no issues using my template and filling-in the page property table. However, when I try to draw some of the fields from the table into a page property report, the status I have selected does not appear in the report (see below image). 

Screenshot 2021-06-16 103310.png

For the above entry, a "Fail" status (see below image) should be appearing.

Screenshot 2021-06-16 102832.png

In the "Manual Test..." community post linked above, the example images (see below image) show that it is possible for a status to appear within a page property report.

Screenshot 2021-06-16 104046.png

Does anyone have any thoughts on what I might be doing wrong or advice on how to remedy this issue?

1 answer

0 votes
Shannon S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 18, 2021

Hi Maggie,

Welcome to the Atlassian Community! It's nice to have you join us. I know that should work because I worked on some cases over the past month where I had to test that.

I'm curious about whether the width of the columns might cause the status macro not to display. Can you create a page properties macro with shorter text and see if the status macro works?

Secondly, can you tell me which editor the pages use? See if both the page properties page and the report pages are on the same editor. You can tell if a page is using the legacy editor because when you're editing the page, it will ask you if you want to convert to the new editor.

I hope to hear from you soon!

Shannon

Maggie June 18, 2021

Hi Shannon,

Thanks so much for lending your support!

I tried shortening the text displayed in the columns (and using a larger screen so the window was larger and the columns could spread out more)--sadly, that didn't work.
Screenshot 2021-06-18 093520.png

The page properties page and the report pages appear the same, so I'm assuming they are using the same editor.

I do not see a prompt to "convert to the new editor," so it seems that they're both utilizing the newer version of the editor.

Do you have any other ideas what might be going wrong?

Thank you,

Maggie

Shannon S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 18, 2021

Hi Maggie,

Is the page properties macro nested inside another macro? I've seen that cause issues in the past.

If that's not it, we'd need to create a support ticket for you so we can take a look at your site. Your admin has to approve access, so I would need to copy them on the ticket.

If you want to proceed with that, can you have them follow up here to get that started for you? 

Thank you!

Shannon

Maggie June 18, 2021

Hi again Shannon,

The page properties macro is not nested inside another macro.

I'd very much appreciate if you could create a support ticket and have your team take a closer look! I'm reaching out to my admin--I'll have her follow-up here.

Thank you!!

rachele June 21, 2021

Hi Shannon, 

I'm admin for the LifeWeb 360 space following up to approve access. Please go ahead and proceed on creating the ticket. Let me know if there is any additional information you need. 

- Rachele 

Stephen Sifers
Atlassian Team
June 21, 2021

Hello Maggie and Rachele,

We've created a support request for your issue, you can find the request at: JST-670574.

I added Maggie as the creator and CC'ed you on the issue @rachele. You should be receiving an email shortly with details on the request.

Regards,
Stephen Sifers

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events