Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I log in?

Scott Yaeger November 26, 2022

Hi.  New here and hoping to get some help.  I'm trying to watch videos on how-to do stuff.  But when I try to log in, I get this:

"Confluence - You've already requested access"  But I'm not logged in it seems and can't watch many of the videos as they are "private".

Any thoughts?

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Brant Schroeder
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 26, 2022

@Scott Yaeger Welcome to the Atlassian community

If you are trying to login to a Confluence site managed by your company the admin will be notified and that is what the message is telling you.  Once the admin sets up your account you will be able to login.  If you would like some free Confluence trainings you can go here:  https://university.atlassian.com/student/catalog/list?category_ids=21734-free-training 

Thanks for that.  So you're saying there is some sort of tuition or membership to get in?  Am surprised no one has followed up to tell me... I work with Fin Stack control software and am looking for resources to get better at it.

But I really appreciate your time to answer my question.

Brant Schroeder
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 26, 2022

@Scott Yaeger so are you logging into your companies confluence space?

No.  I just went to the Atlassian website to learn about fin stack.  Then i created an account, or so i thought, to be able to get maximum access.  Later, when I tried to watch certain videos for fin training, they said "private" and did not allow access.

We just purchased fin stack software for our company.  That is all.  Our company has not opened a confluence account.  Actually, I'm not clear on the difference between "confluence" and "atlassian".  As you can see, I'm pretty new!

Brant Schroeder
Community Leader
Community Leader
November 26, 2022

Can you share the link you are going to?

Scott Yaeger November 27, 2022

https://finproducts.atlassian.net/wiki/spaces/Edge2Cloud/pages/1713768749/Edge2Cloud+guide#Security-Overview

I go here and then click on the login icon at the top right (that looks like an arrow pointing into a backwards letter "C")

Brant Schroeder
Community Leader
Community Leader
November 27, 2022

These are public pages for that company.  The have a Confluence subscription with Atlassian.  Unless you work for them I doubt they will provide you with a license to access the space when logged in.  You should be able to access all the public pages without logging In.

Like Scott Yaeger likes this
Scott Yaeger November 28, 2022

Thank you.  That is helpful.  All these different companies on one site - Fin, Atlassian, Confluence - it is hard to know who is doing what!

But you have helped me to understand how it works and I appreciate it!

Brant Schroeder
Community Leader
Community Leader
November 28, 2022

The company you are looking at uses Atlassian's cloud product Confluence to host their information.  They have made the pages you are looking at public.  I know it can be a little confusing since many of the cloud sites have the atlassian.net URL.  If this answered your question it would be great if you could mark it as accepted to help others.

Scott Yaeger November 28, 2022

Sorry, don't see where to mark "accepted".  I said that I "liked" it (which I do!).  Is that sufficient?

Brant Schroeder
Community Leader
Community Leader
November 28, 2022

At the very top of the page, there is an accept answer button in green that you can click.

Scott Yaeger November 30, 2022

I'm looking at the top of the page and don't see an accept answer button in green, unfortunately.  I just see "like" buttons with each response, but no accept answer button.  Any suggestions?

Like Brant Schroeder likes this
Trudy Claspill
Community Leader
Community Leader
December 16, 2022

Hello @Scott Yaeger @Scott Yaeger 

You appear to have two accounts set up in this community. This question was started under the account with the green background avatar.

Screen Shot 2022-12-16 at 2.49.11 PM.png

Initial comments show the same avatar, but later comments show a second avatar/account with a red background.

Screen Shot 2022-12-16 at 2.50.03 PM.png

You will see the Accept Answer button only if you are logged in under the account you used to originally post the question.

I have marked the answer as Accepted, on your behalf.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events