How do I insert page version in header or footer for export?

Lars Olav Refnin November 17, 2021

I want to insert the page version number in the header or footer when I export a page to word/pdf. The reason for this is that I want to send this document out, and still keep track of which version people are reading, especially important when sending to notifiying bodies. How do I insert this?

1 answer

1 accepted

3 votes
Answer accepted
Tessa Tuteleers
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 17, 2021

Hi @Lars Olav Refnin , 

welcome to the community! 

I don't think you can add it to the footer using the native exporter. If you want to do this you should look into (paid) apps like "Scroll PDF exporter for Confluence". 

However, you could just add the version number beneath your page title or something by making a user macro to include in your pages (and therefor exports). 

To do this you must have admin rights and make a user macro that accepts no body and no parameters. 
Then you need to access the page content and the version. 

Creating a user macro is described here and you an  find the right method in the confluence dev doc, this is the right page. 

It would look something like this: 

Screenshot 2021-11-17 at 15.15.04.png

Hope this helps! 

- Tessa

Lars Olav Refnin November 19, 2021

Hi, 
We already had a similar solution by using the "Change-History Macro" at the top of the page. This mitigates the problem somewhat, but we really want the page version on every page, since document updates sometimes are quite frequent.

Thanks for the suggestion.

-Lars Olav

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events