Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I insert an existing Jira kanban board into a confluence page?

Fil.Wojtczak March 30, 2023

I've created a Kanban board on Jira that I want to insert into a confluence page so that other users can see this Kanban board when on this specific confluence page.

I have tried to add it using the Agile Wallboard Gadget but when I do this, I get an empty Kanban board instead of the one I have already made. I have not seen any option to select existing Jira kanban boards that I have made. The empty kanban that appears also can't be edited

Summary:

Have an existing kanban board on Jira that I need to embed into a confluence page

1 answer

0 votes
Esther Strom
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 30, 2023

Hi, @Fil.Wojtczak - welcome to the Community!

The wallboard gadgets will not give you anything editable; they're designed to display data on a large static screen like this:

Wallboards

What you can do is use the iframe widget. Just paste in the URL of the board. Couple of caveats: first, it will embed the board within the context of the entire Jira project (i.e. you'll see your project navigation, not just the board), and second, because Confluence and Jira are separate licenses, embedding a Jira board in a Confluence page will not allow users with only a Confluence license to move tickets around, and in fact they will not be able to view the board at all.

2023-03-30 11_19_42-kanban - Esther Strom - Confluence - Brave.png

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events