How do I implement asciidoctor .adoc files into a Confluence page

Steve Pierotti
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
October 25, 2024

I found documentation about Confluence Publisher, but it does not tell me how to port asciidoctor .adoc file into a confluence page.

Is there an app, plugin, or macro?

Confluence Publisher Documentation - Confluence (atlassian.net)

1 answer

0 votes
Humashankar VJ
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 27, 2024

Hi @Steve Pierotti 

Try to integrate AsciiDoc content using Asciidoctor-Confluence Ruby gem, which parses AsciiDoc files and publishes the results to Confluence.

To use it, install the gem using "gem install asciidoctor-confluence" and then utilize the command-line interface with the necessary parameters: hostname, space key, title, username, and password.

For example: "asciidoctor-confluence --host HOSTNAME --spaceKey SPACEKEY --title 'Page Title' --username USERNAME --password PASSWORD file.adoc".

To update existing pages, simply add the "--update" flag.

GitHub - asciidoctor/asciidoctor-confluence: Push Asciidoctor file to Confluence

Generally considered straightforward, especially if you're comfortable with Ruby and command-line interfaces.

Setup, Requires installing the Ruby gem, which is simple if you have Ruby installed.

Best For, Users who want a quick and direct way to publish AsciiDoc files without additional dependencies.

Hope this helps - Happy to help further!!
Thank you very much and have a great one!
Warm regards

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events