It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

How do I highlight text with color in confluence?

I have some documents in my Google Docs that I would like to transfer to Confluence.
My document makes heavy use of highlighting text in color to differentiate certain contextual elements in the document.

How do I highlight text with color in confluence?

3 answers

not really an answer. more of an add-on. i really want to highlight text inline from my page, not put it in its own box. i need to identify code to be changed vs. code that is good. maybe i'm just stuck in an old version of confluence?

0 votes

Hello Cobin and welcome to Community!

There is an open feature request: Provide ability to easily highlight text with color in WYSIWYG editor, you can vote for it to show interest and watch it to be updated.

You can use macros as a workaround:

• Info (blue)
  • Tip (green)
  • Warning (red)
  • Note (yellow)
  • Background Color (custom)
  • Panel (custom)
  • Status (single words)

You'll get this as a result:

highlight.PNG

Hope this helps,

- Manon

how do you make the status box that big? Mine is only a few character wide, and after that it shows "..."

Hello @Laura Servidei,

The status box is small and ends with "..." while in Edit mode, publish the page and it should be bigger :)

Like Manon Soubies-Camy likes this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Confluence Cloud

Bring information from GitHub into Confluence

I’ve got a couple of questions for you. Do you write technical documentation? What about technical documentation that references code and files from GitHub? In this article you will learn how to in...

32 views 0 3
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you