How do I hide the People Directory with OnDemand?

Matt Jackson
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
March 19, 2012

Hi,

I've got a hosted OnDemand instance and I want totally distinct external user groups for their own Confluence spaces and Jira projects.

Specifically, I do not want users in one community to have any knowledge of users in the other community. This means no lookups with @mentions etc.

How do I do this? It seems I can do this with a non-hosted version by hiding the people directory.

Thanks in advance!

Matt

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Matt Jackson
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
October 9, 2012

Seems you can't totally ringfence people so they've got zero visibility of each other. So had to spin up another instance. Not ideal, but acceptable.

Matt

1 vote
Andrew Frayling
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 20, 2012

Hi Matt,

I suggest contacting Atlassian Support by raising a ticket in the OnDemand project at https://support.atlassian.com to ask if the JVM flag can be set for your OnDemand instance.

I'm not 100% sure with the OnDemand infrastructure which components are shared across instances and which are instance specific so it may not be possible if JVM options are shared, but Support would be your best bet for getting an answer on this.

Hope that helps?

Andrew.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events