How do I grant application access in Confluence server

mikola113 December 8, 2016

In Jira, to grant a user application access, there's a menu Called Application Access, where I can select a group ,which grants application access to all contained users. But I cannot find that function in Confluence. I've integrated it with out LDAP. But the only option I've found so fat to grant any of those users access to confluence, is to select a user and add it to "confluence-user" group. But that is tedious. So, how do we grant access in Confluence?

P.S. BTW, how do we grant application access to individual users, rather than groups, in jira? 

1 answer

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 8, 2016

Confluence is a single application, so it doesn't need "application access".  You add users to one of the groups you have flagged for "can use" permission (see admin -> global permissions, and note that although the default is just "confluence users", you can add other groups) and they have access.

You can't add individual users, you need to put them in a "can use" group.

mikola113 December 9, 2016

Thanks for your help. I got it. But what does "single application0" mean?

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 9, 2016

It means it is one single application.  When you install Confluence, you get Confluence.

JIRA is a Core application with the option of adding other applications (currently only 2 - Service Desk and Software).  So a JIRA installation can be between one and three applications, which is why it needs to handle application access.

Like Marini Marini likes this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events