How do I get the pages on the side bar to be fully expanded before we upgraded to 7.4.7?

Justin Alquist May 6, 2021

Hey all,

Recently I upgraded our hosted environment from like version 5.x to 7.4.7 and there were just a few changes to the overall look and feel. The biggest thing I really don't like, and all my users as well complain to me about, is that instead of seeing a complete list of pages in the navigation menu on the left in one long list as child pages under our space, it is now just like the top 3 pages then a link stating "X more child pages" like it's collapsed. You click it and it shows all the pages. Before, we could further expand the child pages to see what was below. Now, when you click a top level page it completely replaces the navigation menu with just that selection. 

Basically, how do I get that back? We have always used the default theme and never used any custom scripting or plugins. It was really nice to click through all the various documentation categories within one pane of glass rather than clicking back and forth from the top level, expanding the entire list and repeating each process. Please let me know if this doesn't make sense. Thank you.

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted

I believe I found my own answer. The default selections for the default theme must have changed. I changed my search criteria on here and found a suggestion from a previous, similar question's answer.

On the sidebar, at the very bottom there is a settings cog called "Space Tools" - these options I do not see in the "Look and Feel" Section of the administrator's console. 

Anyway, click there and click "Configure Sidebar"

Change "Navigation Display" to "Page Tree" instead of "Child View"

0 votes
Venothan Padayachee May 6, 2021

I share the same frustration, esp. when the pages naming convention is lengthy.  We are currently on version 7.10.2

Hey Venothan, see my reply below. I hope this helps!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events