How do I get rid of the page tree and children navigation options when using custom navigation in the default theme

I'm using the pagetree macro to create custom navigation in a space that uses the Global Look and Feel default theme. My question is, how do I override the default "Navigation display options" so that I don't have to choose Child pages or Page tree? My custom navigation works fine, but then I have a repeat of the entire space contents below it because I have to choose one of these two options for "Configure Sidebar." I know that the answer is to use the Documentation theme, but I'm having to convert all my spaces that use that theme to "default" because there's a bug with the TOC macro and the Documentation theme, and Atlassian apparently will discontinue support for the Documentation theme in 2016Q1. 

1 answer

Yet another unanswered question. What's the point of calling this Atlassian Answers if no one does? Doesn't anyone at Atlassian regularly trawl unanswered questions to see which ones can be answered? 

Suggest an answer

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

Badges are a great way to show off community activity, whether you’re a newbie or a Champion.

Learn more
Community showcase
Posted 27m ago in Confluence

Calling all marketing teams who use Confluence - we want to hear from you!

Hi Community! me again 🙂 If you’re a marketing team using Confluence, we want to hear your story! How did you start using Confluence? What are your use cases? What have been some of the benefits?...

7 views 0 1
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you