Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

How do I get a user's name or email from a `userkey` generated by the @mention macro? Edited

I use REST API to download existing Confluence pages, then parse out @mentions. They appear like this in my page:

<ac:link><ri:user ri:userkey="abcdefghi039387472" /></ac:link> 

How can I map the alpha-numeric value in the quotes to either user name or email address?

I looked all over the place for an answer but it didn't seem possible at the moment. Is it really so?

Is there a way to import our user data than we resolve the `userkey` value locally?

Thanks,

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted

Update - got the following answer from Atlassian support:

With the approval of a site admin I can provide you with a data dump that contains all of the userskeys, Atlassian Account IDs and their emails. There is not a way where you can get all of this information on your own. As only support can translate the Atlassian Accounts into eMail addresses in a data dump.

0 votes
Benjamin Community Leader Jul 20, 2021

@Bing Wu 

I don't believe this is possible. As there's been updates to the API to keep confidentiality.

Here's the link about the rest API:

https://developer.atlassian.com/cloud/confluence/deprecation-notice-user-privacy-api-migration-guide/

I have filed a request with Atlassian support to get a definitive answer.

I am not following the confidentiality reasoning. The user name is visible on the page where my API user has READ permission.  I don't understand why the same API user, using a Token via an API call, somehow cannot access the same information.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Confluence

🏑 Atlympic Event: Confluence

Hello Community!  Quick disclaimer: We are running a contest on Community (The Atlympics!) from July 23rd - August 8th of 2021. If you are interested in participating in this contest (prizes! ...

497 views 18 17
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you