Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I get a simple drop down menu?

Susanne February 14, 2013

I can't find a simple plugin to use drop down menus. Could you give me any advice?
The Scaffolding Plugin is a bit too expensive, as we only need dropdown menus.

9 answers

1 accepted

3 votes
Answer accepted
RianA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 12, 2013

Since scaffolding plugin is not an option here, I am not sure whether the simple template with varaible meets your requirement or not. If you would like only to hide stuff, expand macro might work.

Susanne March 14, 2013

Hey thanks for your hints. I exactly want something like those variables, but I want the users to be allowed to change them anytime they want to and also after a page has been created from the template. Do you have any advice?

Like Sumi likes this
Susanne March 18, 2013

The question is still open

RianA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 19, 2013

I see. Not on top of my head. Perhaps you could develop your own plugin in order to do this. Or you could do something from html macro.

David Skreiner
Rising Star
Rising Star
July 7, 2016

The "simple template with variable" page is no longer available. The replacement https://confluence.atlassian.com/doc/create-a-page-from-a-template-296093793.html does show a template, but does not explain how to use it.

I found a description of to make a pulldown here, Marian Finch's answer:
https://answers.atlassian.com/questions/151794 

1 Go to the space, select Space Tools, Content Tools, Edit your Template or make a new one
2 In the menu bar choose "insert template items" (left of "insert macro)
3 Assign a name to your variable. If it doesn't show up as a green block, try again. Repeat until your variable is listed in "insert template items".
 4 Click the green block and hover your mouse over it.
5 There should now be a pop-up: empty button, "Text", "Multi-line", "List". Choose List. 

6 The empty button is actually a Text field. Enter the values of your pulldown as a comma separated list.

Like # people like this
Stephanie Willis January 6, 2021

I no longer see "insert template items" - did this go away with the new editor? Any way to still do a drop down?

11 votes
Steffen Heller
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 20, 2013

You could try frevvo.

2 votes
RambanamP
Rising Star
Rising Star
March 18, 2013

you can develop your own plugin or using javascript you can create drop downs,

check the following doc

https://developer.atlassian.com/display/AUI/Forms

1 vote
Todd Todd May 18, 2015

Also would like to customize the Confluence menu to be horizontal and cascading. The horizontal part I was able to figure out w/ the help of Adaptavist documentation and examples.

As to cascading, so far no luck however someone who knows how to integrate .css better than I might be able to figure this out with the help of the following:

http://line25.com/tutorials/how-to-create-a-pure-css-dropdown-menu

0 votes
Stiltsoft Support
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
March 16, 2022

Hi there,

You could have a look at Handy Macros for Confluence. It's a third-party app with many other features but for the dropdown selection. So the price could sound reasonable to you.

0 votes
Stephen Deutsch
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 18, 2017

In case someone is coming to this page later, there's also this option:

https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Answers-Developer-Questions/Creating-a-dropdown-user-macro/qaq-p/494678

0 votes
zadkielmodeler-admin May 19, 2015

For the sake of others, please also interpret this as if she wanted to know how to create a dropdown by writing her own macro. As that would be beneficial to me who is trying to do that.

0 votes
Kathleen Newman December 14, 2014

I have tried using the built in plugin drop down menu called the "Menu editor" but it is global and you cannot lock it to a space or section of pages so I need to use another drop down menu within that particular space. Is there any macros around for this?

Thanks,

Kat

0 votes
Daniel Borcherding
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 15, 2013

Hello Susanne,

What would you like the menu to do? Are you trying to populate a form? Create an alternative navigation scheme? Are you trying to hide content behind a macro that you can click to expand?

Susanne February 20, 2013

I want to insert a simple form in a page, where you can choose between several items like for example "approved" "high priority" (or anything else that we need at the moment). There need to be items given and the user can choose from these. The chosen item needs to be saved, so that the next user can see, which item was chosen.

Do you have any suggestion, what I can do to accomplish this?

Susanne March 12, 2013

This question is still open.

David Skreiner
Rising Star
Rising Star
July 6, 2016

And it will never be answered because the Question stated that expensive plugins are not an option.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events