How do I get Jira issue number & description to display when I create a Jira ticket from Confluence?

Danielle McArthur January 9, 2020

When I create a page form requirements template in Confluence, I can highlight text and a button appears to create a Jira ticket. When I select the button and create the ticket, the Jira ticket description and title display in the confluence document and the ticket status updates.

When I use the same highlight/ create process outside the requirements template, I just get the ticket number.

How do I get both the description and number to appear in Confluence?

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Ansar Rezaei
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 9, 2020

Hi

That's Jira Issue macro and you could go to edit page, then edit this macro and choose which field you want to see in the page

Danielle McArthur January 11, 2020

Thanks so much. I will definitely do that going forward. I also found that by hovering over the issue, I got an option to display the description. Since I had already created them, that fixed it. It will be much easier to edit the macro.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events