How do I get Confluence to recognize a date so that users can format it as they like

Michael Suissa January 21, 2015

Essentially the problem is one of localization. Confluence is being used across the globe and the dates entered by the Americans MM/dd/yy are not understood by the Europeans who expect dd/MM/yy  and vice versa. 

I would like to be able to to type a date in a column in a table and for each user to view the date in the format they choose. 

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Stephen Deutsch
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 22, 2015

Hi Michael,

I'm not sure about formatting it the way they would like, but since Confluence 5.5 you can put in a date using the double slash ("//") and it should update the date format for each locale.

Michael Suissa January 26, 2015

This works for me. The dates now appear in the language of my browser. :-)

0 votes
Mike Rathwell
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 22, 2015

Michael,

I just had a look at it as I have the same consideration. I wonder if this isn't an improvement request to Atlassian to have the date displayed based on the LOCAL user's locale setting rather than imposed by Confluence? I can't find a way, currently to do this....

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events