Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I get Confluence Running on Apache properly? Really need help.

Jack Wilson August 5, 2013

I have Confluence 5.1.4 installed and running on a local Ubuntu server. Works great! Now I would like to setup the software for access through the Internet with a URL of wiki.domain_name.net. The Confluence documentation talks about specifically setting it up for www.domain.net/confluence.

After reading much of what is on this board, I am finding the information fragmented with some of it questioned. (which is good!) So I really do not know what information or avenue to pursue.

I have configured Apache for use with the domain of wiki.domain_name.net. I temporarily added an html page in the confluence folder with some simple text to ensure that the URL is indeed functional and viewable across the net. Its set.

So with that said and the limited amount of information I can find, I really could use some assistance. I cannot believe someone does not have some sort of a written procedure in their server installation notebook.

Regarding Apache, I have a conf file setup as follows but not sure how to get it to match up with Confluence or if it is even right for Confluence use.

wiki.net.conf has the following in the top part of the file:

<VirtualHost *:80>
ServerAdmin webmaster@nwsoftware.com
ServerName wiki.domain_name.net
# ServerAlias www.domain_name.net domain_name.net
DocumentRoot /var/www/atlassian/confluence
DirectoryIndex index.html index.php

again with index file I placed in the confluence folder I do get the page from the outside.

Can anyone give me any assistance and specifics for setting it up with the wiki.domain.net address?

Thank you in advance for any assistance.

Jack

1 answer

0 votes
Jason Hensler August 5, 2013

Jack,

This is the link your looking for:

https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/DOC/Using+Apache+with+virtual+hosts+and+mod_proxy

Effectively, what you’re going to end up with is confluence running in tomcat and an apache virtual host (with mod_proxy) pointing to the confluence install. You could also use mod_jk to handle the proxying. It’s a matter of personal preference as to which one you use (mod_proxy or mod_jk), each has different features, the big difference is if you want to do load balancing or failover.

-Jason

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events