Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I find the selector for a plugin

Doug Schwartz October 14, 2012

I want to hide the output of a macro/plugin when I export to PDF. I've seen https://answers.atlassian.com/questions/31502/hide-specific-macros-in-pdf-export, which is fine as far as it goes. However, it only tells me how to turn off the output of the attachments macro, not how to turn off the output of any other macro. So how does one get the value of a plugin/macro selector? For attachments is it ".plugin_attachments_container", but how do you get that information?

doug

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Doug Schwartz October 21, 2012

It's too bad plugin authors don't think through their design. Hiding their plugin in the output file seems to me to be an obvious option.

I was trying to hide the output of the Page Approval macro. Following your suggestion I:

• Added the macro to a page
  • Output the page to HTML (it's always a ZIP file, so you have to extract the result, not a big deal, but yet another step)
  • Looked in the HTML for the <div> wrapping the Page Approval information. The class is "pageapproval", as I had expected/hoped.
  • Added the following to the PDF Stylesheet:

div#pageaproval { display: none; }

And the output no longer has the Page Approval information. Note that I also had to make sure the PageApproval macro was in it's own paragraph, otherwise the rendering was off

0 votes
Joe Clark
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 16, 2012

Hi Doug,

There's no easy answer for this - it's going to be different for each macro. You'll need to examine the HTML output of a particular macro (you can do this using a developer tool such as FireBug) and identify the top-level element for that macro.

If you look at the output of an attachments macro, you'll see that the outer-most HTML element for the macro is a <div> with a class of "plugin_attachments_container".

Which macros are you looking to hide, specifically? I can give you a hand identifying the styles you need.

Alexander Kuzemko March 25, 2018

Hi Joseph, Im looking for the jira buttons macro selector.

Specifically need to find the way to hide a few thousand jira single buttons from a few hundreds confluence pages during pdf export.

div.??? {display:none}

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events