How do I find the current logged in user for the session?

ramishka November 13, 2019

I need to fetch some basic data about the current logged in user from within my plugin. 

In previous Confluence versions, I used to get this info via AuthenticatedUserThreadLocal but as per this document https://developer.atlassian.com/server/confluence/how-do-i-find-the-logged-in-user/ that is deprecated.

The article above suggests me to use com.atlassian.confluence.user.AuthenticatedUserAccessor for this purpose however I cannot seem to find any information about this class in the API documentation. It does not seem to be available in the com.atlassian.confluence.user package either.

Any suggestions on the best possible way to fetch current users data from a plugin?

Thanks,
Ramishka.

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Shannon S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 20, 2019

Hello Ramishka,

Thank you for reaching out to us about this. The Atlassian Community is mostly end-users who will likely not have experience with what you are trying to accomplish. I recommend that you raise this question on our Atlassian Developer Community instead. It's more likely that you'll be able to find an answer to your question there!

Let me know if you have any trouble or questions about that.

Regards,

Shannon 

ramishka November 25, 2019

Thanks Shannon. My bad I mixed up the communities.

Shannon S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 25, 2019

No worries!

Take care, and have a pleasant rest of your week.

Regards,

Shannon

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events