It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

How do I find out who renamed a page?

a-mirvine I'm New Here Dec 05, 2019

History and compare details who has changed page content, but does not appear to show who renamed a page title. Is there a way to find out?

1 answer

Hi @a-mirvine ,

I'm not sure if there is a better option but one way to figure this out could be to: 

1. Go to the full page history (via the ellipses > Page History, or by clicking on the last update date/time and then View Page History)
  2. From here, if you click on the Version you can see the exact instance of the page at the time of edit - including the title.  Do not compare them - just click the version to see the exact instance of a single version. 
  3. Click through to these until you find the first instance of the new name.  This is the version where the name changed - and you can see the person who did it using the standard page history details. 

I would recommend not going line-by-line but rather divide them in half until you find it.  For example, if you have 12 versions, check #6 first and if it isn't changed at that point, try #9 - or if it did change, go to #3, etc. 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Posted in Confluence

How is your team having fun and bonding, remotely, utilizing Confluence?

Thanks everyone for answering last week’s question. The winner of the random drawing from those who commented is: @LarryBrock I’ll contact you separately with your prize details. This wee...

327 views 9 7
Join discussion

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you