How do I find out who renamed a page?

a-mirvine December 5, 2019

History and compare details who has changed page content, but does not appear to show who renamed a page title. Is there a way to find out?

1 answer

0 votes
Bridget Maloney
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 5, 2019

Hi @a-mirvine ,

I'm not sure if there is a better option but one way to figure this out could be to: 

1. Go to the full page history (via the ellipses > Page History, or by clicking on the last update date/time and then View Page History)
  2. From here, if you click on the Version you can see the exact instance of the page at the time of edit - including the title.  Do not compare them - just click the version to see the exact instance of a single version. 
  3. Click through to these until you find the first instance of the new name.  This is the version where the name changed - and you can see the person who did it using the standard page history details. 

I would recommend not going line-by-line but rather divide them in half until you find it.  For example, if you have 12 versions, check #6 first and if it isn't changed at that point, try #9 - or if it did change, go to #3, etc. 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events