How do I find out the tomcat versions for JIRA or Confluence versions that I have not yet installed?

Joel_E__Wilson July 8, 2016

My current versions of JIRA and Confluence have non-compliant (according to our own internal audit) versions of Tomcat and I want to find out if upgrading JIRA and Confluence will actually remediate this or if I have to manage my own Tomcat container and do the WAR installation route.

2 answers

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 8, 2016

Unfortunately, there's no easy way to do this, and no documented list I can find.

Also, for later versions, there is no "WAR installation route"

0 votes
Steven F Behnke
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 8, 2016

I believe the individual product's Supported Platform page is your best bet.

The JIRA one is pretty straight-forward. You can easily navigate through versions of a product using the version selector – 

image2016-7-8 10:14:47.png

You could use the Atlassian SDK to quickly download, install, and check each version locally on your computer using the below guide.

https://confluence.atlassian.com/confkb/how-to-determine-your-version-of-tomcat-and-java-331914173.html

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events