How do I export a document for Excel

Lori Sinsley April 23, 2018

Hi...Anyone know how to export a document to Excel? 

3 answers

2 accepted

3 votes
Answer accepted
Andrey Khaneev _StiltSoft_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 24, 2018

Hi Lori,

Table Filter macro has capability to export tables to CSV.

Fabienne Gerhard
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 24, 2018

Hi @Andrey Khaneev _StiltSoft_ - definitly gonna try it! That sounds perfect. 

Lori Sinsley April 25, 2018

Thanks Andrey. Really appreciate it. 

Jonathan Smith
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 26, 2018

Ohhhhh! We have the table filter macro - it worked nicely: Never knew it did that!

1 vote
Answer accepted
Jonathan Smith
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 23, 2018

Hi Lori,

I haven't seen a way to export from Confluence article to Excel, but you can export to word or PDF.

If you truly need to get that content (assuming a Confluence table) into Excel, you can copy the table in edit mode, then paste in Excel. Copying from read view won't grab the table headers for some reason.

If this is a routine process, you can always save the Excel file in a file list.

If there are other suggestions, please trump mine because I would love to see better functionality between Microsoft Office and Confluence.

Lori Sinsley April 23, 2018

Thanks so much Jonathan! I ended up cutting and pasting each row into an Excel spreadsheet and feel like I wasted hours on this that I didn't have : ( 

Oh well. I got it done.

Thanks again.

Lori 

0 votes
Fabienne Gerhard
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 23, 2018

I'm really interested in a good solution, too. Haven't found one yet :( 

Already on a search for plugins because I would love to format the tables a little bit more. 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events