How do I embed custom Jira gadgets in a Confluence dashboard?

Randy O_Neal
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 11, 2022

While at Team 22 I was told I should create my team dashboards in Confluence rather than in Jira.  Both our instances are Cloud.  I have several custom gadgets installed on my Jira dashboards, most notably Custom Charts By Old Street Solutions Ltd. and the Sprint Burnup Burndown Chart By StonikByte.  Is there a way to embed these in a Confluence page?  I can't seem to find one, though I've been told this is "easy to do".  Please advise... and many thanks in advance!

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Teodora _Old Street Solutions_Tempo_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 12, 2022

Hey @Randy O_Neal,

Thank you for using our app Custom Charts! From what you describe, it looks like you are using the Jira version of the app to create your reporting dashboards in Jira.

Custom Charts has a Confluence version as well, and it works as a Confluence macro. You can create charts directly in your Confluence pages by linking your desired Jira instance. 

If you find it harder to move your entire reports in Confluence, Custom Charts now has a Shared Dashboard feature available on Cloud. This means you can create customized dashboard experience and share it with your team (or link in Confluence pages).

I hope this can resolve a part of your use case 🤞

0 votes
Craig Nodwell
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 11, 2022

I could easily walk you through this in the server instance there's a register external gadgets admin function. 
I wasn't sure about the cloud and have not found that this exists. 
I did find the page in the link below. 
Sorry it's not a better answer for you.

Maybe, one of my cloud counterparts can provide a deeper answer.

gadgets.JPG

Use gadgets to add dynamic content 

In Server:
Registering External Gadgets  -> there is no cloud page for this.

Randy O_Neal
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 11, 2022

Well, there appear to be two issues with this approach.  First, I'm definitely Cloud, not Server, and second... the fine print in that image clearly states that only works for Atlassian gadgets, not third party gadgets.  Methinks I've been misled...

Craig Nodwell
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 11, 2022

Sorry for being the bringer of that news.
My goal was to find you a solution and gain some knowledge for my own self.

Again, my area of expertise is not in the cloud instance and I may have set you up for an unnecessary sadness on a Monday, someone else from Cloud may have some other sunny information ( I really hope that is the case and that you have not been misled...)

Like Randy O_Neal likes this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events