How do I embed a Vimeo or YouTube video into an answer using Confluence Questions?

Matthew Scott
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
December 7, 2015

We are trying to embed screencasts into answers in our Confluence Questions Cloud system.

Using standard Confluence pages, we can use the Widget macro to embed a Vimeo video successfully.

However, there's no option in the editor menu bar when writing a question or answer while using Confluence Questions.

1 answer

1 vote
Rachel Robins
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 7, 2015

Hi Matthew, although the Confluence Questions toolbar doesn't have an insert button, many macros can be added in your questions and answers, especially those like the Widget connector that support auto-convert. 

For YouTube and Vimeo, simply paste the link into the editor and it will automatically add the widget connector for you, like the one below. 

https://vimeo.com/138151476

For other macros, such as panels, you can use the { text shortcut to get to the macro browser. 

Not all macros will work (for example macros that rely on pages like the children display are not going to work, but your basic formatting ones will be just fine). 

Hope this helps. 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events