How do I embed a SmartSheet into a Confluence page on Confluence Cloud ?

Michael Green September 22, 2022

How do I embed a SmartSheet into a Confluence page on Confluence Cloud ?

This link seems to be ONLY for old Confluence 'on premise' versions:

How to embed Smartsheets in Confluence using the HTML Macro | Confluence | Atlassian Documentation

Requirement: I need to embed both a SmartSheet Project Plan and a Smartsheet sheet into a Confluence page so its dynamically displayed / updated.

Larger / more general requirement:  How do I embed a web page in Confluence ?

2 answers

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Andy Gladstone
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 23, 2022

@Michael Green why not use an iFrame to embed the page? This will bring the native Smartsheet and functionality directly into the page you want it hosted in.

Documentation on the iFrame macro can be found here:

https://support.atlassian.com/confluence-cloud/docs/insert-the-iframe-macro/

Andy Gladstone
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 28, 2022

@Michael Green have you had a chance to try my suggestion? If so, did it work for you?

Michael Green September 28, 2022

@Andy Gladstone  Have you tried the IFrame with SmartSheet yourself ?  It doesn't seem to work for me....

Andy Gladstone
Community Leader
Community Leader
September 28, 2022

You'll need to publish the Smartsheet first following these steps:

1. To publish & generate the unique url for the smartsheet project you want to embedhttps://help.smartsheet.com/articles/522078-publishing-smartsheet-items
  2. Copy the smartsheet url generated under "Publish Link"
  3. Insert the iFram macro in the desired page
  4. Paste the smartsheet url from Step 2 into the first URL field of the Iframe Macro
  5. Adjust Width and Height to your desired size.
  6. Save the page.
Andy Gladstone
Community Leader
Community Leader
October 2, 2022

@Michael Green checking in here to see if my answer helped you. If it did, please mark it as Accepted so that others looking for similar content can more easily find it.

DJ M
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
June 8, 2023

@Andy Gladstone I got this to work, but how do I keep Smartsheet from logging out? Right now I have a message on my confluence page that says you must log into Smartsheet to view the iframe macro content. 

Smartsheet Logout.PNG

Andy Gladstone
Community Leader
Community Leader
June 8, 2023

Have you tried logging in from another browser window and refreshing the page?

Jaime Capitel _resolution_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
June 12, 2023

@DJ M is there any reason not to use the global public settings when sharing the Smartsheet project? If you wanted to do that, you'd bypass login problems and you could still secure the content with Confluence permissions. 

0 votes
Michael Green September 22, 2022

This PAID add-on looks like one option.  But I can't believe Atlassian don't offer a FREE 'embed a web page' option

HTML Macro for Confluence | Atlassian Marketplace

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events