Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I edit an Excel spreadsheet in confluence cloud

Deleted user July 28, 2022

Hi

I am using Confluence Cloud and want to embed an Excel spreadsheet onto a page and then update / edit it.

I've done a bit of research and it seems I need a connector app - however this post https://confluence.atlassian.com/doc/install-atlassian-companion-992678880.html Tells me its no longer available after March 2022.

Is there a way to upload a spreadsheet into Confluence from my hard drive, edit it within Confluence, save the updated version back in Confluence (and possibly on my C: drive?) to keep a signle version of the truth?

If so how do I do it?

Alst want to do teh same with Word, PowerPoint and Publisher files - again is this possible and if so how?

Thanks

Chris

5 answers

2 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Fabio Racobaldo _Herzum_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 28, 2022

Hi @[deleted] ,

unfortunately there is no way to implement your required feature.

Fabio

1 vote
Answer accepted
Alex K
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 28, 2022

Hi @[deleted] ,

Unfortunately no such feature is available in Confluence Cloud. You will have to manually re upload the file via the attachments page/macro, or editor. 

Regards,
Alex (Developer at Atlassian)

Deleted user July 28, 2022

Thanks for your reply @Alex K - I saw some mention of this feature being developed on the roadmap to replace the companion app.  Is this the case?  Will I ever be able to edit an Excel sheet / Office doc directly within a Confluence page or this this a pipe dream?

If that's the case then I assume all I can do is upload a copy of an excel file to a page for reference but have to go back to my PC to edit it and then re-upload the revised version - which kinda negates the idea of having a single space for everything easy at hand and a single source of the 'Truth' - Right?

Thanks for your prompt reply :-)

Chris

Like Luke Potts likes this
4 votes
Alexey Mikhaylov _Stiltsoft_ August 4, 2022

Hello @[deleted],

Our Table Filter and Charts for Confluence app and its Table Spreadsheet macro can be an option for you if you need Excel-like view and functionality in Confluence.

Best regards,

Alexey

0 votes
Oki__PolarisOffice_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 16, 2022

Hi @[deleted] 

Our app, Polaris spreadsheet allows you to embed an existing excel files in a confluence page and directly edit it.
It offers full editing capabilities for excel files and provides an advanced view mode that allows you to use filters, scroll, and find. Please check the details.
A month's free trial is available now! 

Atlassian Marketplace 

0 votes
Shardul Juyal_Addteq_ August 3, 2022

Hi @[deleted] 

You can try our Excellentable app to edit spreadsheets right inside confluence.

Regards, Shardul

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events